校史簡述
History of TTC
Tsung Tsin College – Important Events
Origin
1897

The Basel Mission started a church (Shamshuipo Tsung Tsin Church) and a primary school in Shamshuipo.

1931

The church and primary school moved to 17-19 Wong Chuk Street. A new church building was built. There were approximately 200 students.

1941

The primary school was closed due to war.

1945

The school resumed its service, providing education for more than 300 hundred students.

1950s
1950

Shamshuipo Tsung Tsin Church started Tsung Tsin College at 17-19 Wong Chuk Street.

1951

A 70,000-square-foot school building was built.

1953

An annex with laboratories and staffrooms was added.

1955

For the first time, our students took part in the Hong Kong Certificate Education Examination.

1956

The number of students expanded to 600. Our school opened 16 classes, providing schooling for students in different levels, ranging from primary five to secondary six.

1957

The construction of Tsung Tsin Primary School was completed. Our school stopped offering primary five classes.

Our school’s name was changed to Tsung Tsin English College.

1960s
1962

The construction of a new school building was completed in September.

1966

A two-way road was paved in front of the school’s portal.

1967

The number of students in our school grew to more than 1300 and the number of classes to thirty. Our school was a private non-profit making school then.

1968

Chinese A-level classes commenced.

1969

For the first time, our students sat the CU entrance examination.

1970s
1974

Our school stopped offering primary six classes.

1975

Our school started its transformation from a private school to an aided school.

1978

Our school became a government-aided school.

1980s
1980

Our school stopped offering CU A-level arts classes; HKU A-level arts classes commenced.

1982

The school building collapsed, forcing our school to split into two half-day schools.

For the first time, our students sat the A-level Examination.

1983

Our school began to run HKU A-level science classes.

1985

Shatin Tsung Tsin Secondary School was built, so our school returned to a whole-day institute having more than 700 students placed in 18 classes ranging from S1 to S5.

1987

Our school’s HKU A-level arts classes began.

1988

The erstwhile Education Department proposed moving our school to Tuen Mun and the proposal met with the approval of our school’s management committee and the church.

1989

A new church building was constructed.

1990s
1990

It was announced that our school would move to Tuen Mun in 1992.

1991

Our school’s name was changed to Tsung Tsin College.

1992

In Tuen Mun our school started with eight classes of S1 and four classes of S4.

1993

An opening ceremony was held on Oct 26.

1994

Our school was operating at full strength, having 32 classes.

Our school took part in the HKCEE for the first time.

The old school premises in Shamshuipo was taken up by Tsung Tsin Primary School.

1995

Our school joined SAMS.

1996

Shamshuipo Tsung Tsin Church granted our school $400,000 to install air-conditioning in all classrooms.

1997

Air-conditioning was intalled in the hall.

Our school’s A-level classes started.

1998

Our school offered classes from S1 to S7.

A TV set, an overhead projector, a VCR and a screen was installed in each classroom.

Our school, in collaboration with Tuen Mun Hospital, started a 1.05-million-dollar QEF project entitled EQ Ambassadors, of which the aim is to provide service for bereaved children in the community by means of our students.

Our PTA was established.

The school’s newsletter was first published.

1999

Our school entered the fourth stage of SIP.

Our students sat the A-level examination for the first time.

On national day, the first flag raising ceremony was held.

2000s
2000

Our school’s 50th anniversary ceremony and open days were held.

2001

The Accelerated Learning Resource Center was established.

Our EQ Ambassadors project was granted another 535 million dollars by the QEF in order to extend the service to four other Christian secondary schools.

2002

TTCTV station and the MMLC were set up.

All classrooms were upgraded to the millennium classroom standard.

The SIP commenced.

2003

The threats SARS posed to Hong Kong spurred our school to step up the measures taken against contagious diseases.

The SIP was completed in October and interior decoration ensued.

Our school was awarded the Silver Award in the Healthy School Scheme jointly organized by the WHO, the Chinese University of Hong Kong and the erstwhile EMB. The principal and the teachers concerned were invited to share in various conferences held in Hong Kong, Macau and Melbourne.

2004

Our school participated in the first round of ESR and received compliments in regard to various indicators. As a result, the principal and the teachers concerned were invited to share our experience on school self-evaluation strategies with other schools.

The canteen was renovated and the multi-purpose MI Square was built.

2005

The 55th anniversary and annex opening ceremony was held.

The Health Promotion Resource Center was set up in the hope of further promoting health a wareness in the community.

Our school was awarded the Gold Award in the Healthy School Scheme.

2006 Our school became a registered health promoting school in the WHO Pacific Region. The construction of the school gym was completed. The Incorporated Management Committee (IMC) was established. Our Principal, Dr. Robin MB Cheung, was awarded Medal of Honour for his contribution to the education field.
2007

The Liberal Studies Resource Center was set up.

Our school became the first authorized secondary school in Hong Kong to issue fitness cards to students.

行車路線圖